Mega Melancholy Whiteboard Wednesday…Jul 20, 2011

…Sad.

So sad our artists are.

They’ll never get to play Mega Man Legends 3 because, you know, the fans didn’t make enough art or program enough of the engine.

Stupid fans – here’s some art to make you feel bad for what you didn’t do.

Miss Tron! Miss Tron!

IMG_0975

Even the New Girl

Everyone's Sad...

Poison

BioShock w/ Opa Opas

Big O, and a King Slime

Juju Returns!

29 Responses to “Mega Melancholy Whiteboard Wednesday…”

1. Horst says:

BAWWW Sad Kobun is sad… T_T

2. Josh DiLisi says:

*single tear*

3. I love you guys. says:

Will buy 2 copies of your game just for this. With the money Capcom doesn’t want.

4. Chris says:

I was already going to buy Skullgirls because it looks fun as hell, but now I’m going to buy it even HARDER since you guys drew some Mega Man Legends stuff.

5. Yin says:

At first, I thought that was Luna on the moon.

6. Cheesus says:

BAWWWWWWWWWW!
    I feel you =(

7. Role says:

I’m not a fighting game fan, but I will get this nonetheless because of the support you’re showing us megaman fans. Capcom doesn’t want my money? Fine. I’ll just spend it on someone who deserves it.

8. Xero Omega says:

Kudos to Reverge Labs! Definitely buying SkullGirls!

9. Rock-X says:

ServBot 1: “Weee, we got cancelled. We got cancelled.”
    Servbot 2: “So, what does ‘cancelled’ mean?”
    Tron: “It means we’re not coming back, you blithering idiots!”

10. Frank S. Casillas says:

You guys get props.

11. Iruku says:

On behalf of all the consumers out there, I would like to send a gigantic, collective FUCK YOU to Capcom, King of Rehashes and blaming the fans for not making their game for them.

12. MChibi says:

PROPS to Big O!

13. mangamaxx says:

The only comfort I have is that so many other people feel my pain. And when I realize how many people are hurting I have to ask, why did this project get canceled again!?!?? I mean I know Keiji Inafune leaving was a huge blow, but this game was marketed as “For Fans with Fan input” so as long as enough people are interested there shouldn’t have been to much of a problem right!??!?! They even bothered to get the input of fans across the globe (well Japan and America that I know of) for goodness sake!

14. evilben says:

ahhh, i want a better picture of the cactuar on the katamari from the bottom left of the poison picture!!!

15. [...] the backlash has been pretty severe.  One of the more light-hearted commentary of it was done by Reverge Labs, the people behind the upcoming fighter “Skullgirls.”  They did a series of drawings on [...]

16. [...] the artists from Reverge Labs, the developer of the upcoming 2D fighter Skullgirls, dedicated their Whiteboard Wednesday this week to display their feelings for all the world to [...]

17. [...] the backlash has been pretty severe.  One of the more light-hearted commentary of it was done by Reverge Labs, the people behind the upcoming fighter “Skullgirls.”  They did a series of drawings on [...]

18. [...] the backlash has been pretty severe.  One of the more light-hearted commentary of it was done by Reverge Labs, the people behind the upcoming fighter “Skullgirls.”  They did a series of drawings on [...]

19. Cheerio says:

Capcom gave us a str8 up can of BS

20. [...] been a week since our most popular, nerd rage-channeling Whiteboard Wednesday ever… So, naturally, this week’s will probably come as a bit of a disappointment. In an [...]

21. Poison!? If you guys are able to do guest characters, she HAS to be the first pick!

22. Poison!? If you guys are able to do guest characters, she HAS to be the first pick!

23. Masodx says:

Thx you for the fantastic mml sketches.
    It’s greatly appreciate by every mml fans . sorry if this is late :(

ps : keep up the good stuff with skullgirl , my most anticipate fighting games .

24. ROB says:

Never been a fan of the Mega Man series but I do feel sorry for the MM Legends fans. Capcom’s business practices has really been fail lately.

25. Olawale Aina says:

“…Sad.

So sad our artists are.

Stupid fans – here’s some art to make you feel bad for what you didn’t do.”

I’ll have you know that Mega Man Legends 3 could’ve been made without fan support, as this trailer proves it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN1Om_Jpog4#t=1m59s