Pre-release 100% “Official Fan Art” Friday!Apr 6, 2012

In case you missed it…

Skullgirls will finally be released next week! It’ll be arriving on PSN in North America on Tuesday, April 10th for $14.99, and on XBLA on Wednesday, April 11th for 1200 MS Points!

We asked our amazing contractors to help us celebrate by providing Official Fan Art to share tonight, and lots showed up!

You can always submit your own fan art to fanart@revergelabs.com, and be sure to let me know how you’d like to be credited!

Official Skullgirls Fan Art by Woofycakes

The always amazing Woofycakes delivers once again with this portrait of Ms. Fortune!

Official Skullgirls Fan Art by Rtil

What will the cast of Skullgirls do when the game is out? Why, play Skullgirls together! Thanks, Rtil!

Official Skullgirls Fan Art by Vinhnyu

Vinhnyu sent in this impressive poster featuring all the characters!

Official Skullgirls Fan Art by Demeru

Valentine cradles her ultimate creation, Painwheel, in this piece by Demeru.

Official Skullgirls Fan Art by Istateben

Ms. Fortune is ready to pounce in this great painting by Itsateben.

Official Skullgirls Fan Art by Matthieu Godet

In this piece by Mattheiu Godet, Painwheel is genuinely shocked that the game is actually coming out.

Official Skullgirls Fan Art by Severin

Severin Piehl sent in this congratulatory Peacock!

I, uh… guess I don’t need to explain this one? It’s by NoxidaAssylem!

Reirei ponders… what if the cast of Skullgirls were hipsters?

Double and her cat head entourage dance the night away in this amazing animation by BugonisX2!

14 Responses to “Pre-release 100% “Official Fan Art” Friday!”

1. Rugratkid says:

The slumber party one is awesome and the Valentine and Painwheel one is just plain heart-warming! :)

I am so getting this game!

2. Kit Ballard says:

LOL Double Dance is kinda creepy. I love the Group on the couch XD Filia’s face is priceless.

3. Andrew says:

I’m buying Skullgirls DAY-ONE for sure!

I love viewing this amazing fan art. I’m slowly drafting some fan art concepts. Maybe mine will be here one day.

The one by Rtil is my favorite. ;)

The last one with Double is creepy o_O but still kinda cool.

Looking forward to playing SG on my PS3 next week!^^

5. Jon says:

Congrats on release date, this game will be a day 1 purchase for me.

This was only NA release? will it be long until it hits EU PSN?

That painwheel artwork is wonderfully intense.

6. Ryan Rodriguez says:

Wow. These are all really good! The Ms. Fortune one up top does a good job of portraying the attractive super-living feral, but in a very unique way from the norm. That’s one of the great beauties of art.

The poster’s great; kind of interesting, how Valentine’s pose in particular gives her the appearance of giving Double a flu shot. I love the ‘launch party’ pic, also; I’ve been wanting to see something fourth-wall-breaking featuring the entire cast for good while now, myself. It’s finally here.

I’m also not much for hipster culture, but the second one from the bottom is oddly appealing, albeit primarily through how bizarre a take it is on the characters within.

As for that ‘girl-on-girl’ one (and to a lesser extent, the one with Valentine tugging her top), I’m having two potent reactions at once: Laughter and Arousal. It’s obviously meant as a joke, but my littler head can’t help but go up in the clouds about it…

My favorites here, though, have got to be Painwheel yelling- or, if she’s not yelling there, then at least striking that dramatic pose she’s in- and Double’s dance animation. The idea of a mystical being, usually in the guise of a nun, doing a hip-hop routine is uncontainably hilarious! The fact she’s doing it next to those mock heads of hers makes it even richer; the fact it’s ANIMATED wraps up the package.

My compliments to all the artists/animator featured here, and to the Skullgirls Team at Reverge Labs for the game itself. God bless you all!

7. Blev says:

I am SO hyped for this game, I’m glad it’s finally coming out!

Totally buying it on both systems just to support you guys :D

8. Official Skullgirls Fan Art by RtilFirst time I’ve seen Painwheel smile with that mask on lol

9. Official Skullgirls Fan Art by RtilFirst time I’ve seen Painwheel smile with that mask on lol

10. songaksi says:

fanart팬아트 submit제출 하는방법을 모르겠어요…!fuck젠장!

11. Eddie Harris says: